Sunday, April 4, 2010

umbrella skirt

Ah, what a gorgeous day we had. After the kids gorged themselves on Easter basket loot, they ran around (and around) and I got a chance to do a little sewing. And this is one of the things I made. The fabric came from a blousey tunic I purchased at the Salvation Army recently. It is a drapey jersey in a great color with little dots that reminded me of raindrops. I haven't made any new silk screens lately, and though I was tempted to just cut something from freezer paper, I decided to use the last of my drawing fluid to make this image of an umbrella- perfect for the raindrops, right?

I'm not posting a tutorial, but if you are interested in learning how to make a similar skirt and a silkscreen using the drawing fluid method, look at this post, and these for directions on both the skirt making and the silk screen methods. Both are really easy and very satisfying- really, very!

Here is a closer look, or, another angle:

This will be going to TWIST.

2 comments:

  1. I love it! Such a great combo - Twist looks interesting too -ming you - not sure how you manage to give things away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Funny you should say that, Umatji. I do tend to make the majority of things in a size that works for me. Just in case.

    ReplyDelete