Monday, August 10, 2009

Amy Butler Cabo Halter


Last year my friend Catherine and I both made black sundresses from the Amy Butler pattern "Cabo Halter"- I think they are favorites to us both. This year I had a go using the pattern more literally, but still extended the length to make it a dress. It fits nice and snugly beneath the boobs so no bra needed-love that! I think I may add a little layer ruffly thing to the bottom to add a couple more inches. I left the edge unhemmed and zigzagged it, which I like, but think the extra couple inches will make it better overall. It is really comfortable, though it has to come on and off over my head since the only zipper I had wasn't long enough.

4 comments:

  1. That looks lovely. My mom gave me a copy of that pattern and I hope to try it soon - also as a dress - but I hate hemming. My new way (at least for me) of hemming a skirt or dress is to do it like this with ribbon or bias tape made out of the dress fabric: http://www.oliverands.com/blog/tutorials/2008/08/hem-facing.html
    I made a dark purple dress with hot pink ribbon hem facing and it was pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not terribly fond of hemming, myself. I figure out all sorts of ways to make it look good that avoids ironing and measuring. Thanks for the link to that tutorial. I'll check it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We determine a number of ways to help it become look good that helps prevent pressing and measuring. Thanks for the url to that short training. I'm going to check it out.runescape gold
    Gold für WOW Kaufen
    Final Fantasy XIV Gil

    ReplyDelete